Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Your Steps Are Ordered!


Psalms 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.


When I was working outside of the home, the job I loved the most was being an Enrollment Counselor for the University of Phoenix. My husband and I were married for only two years and we were living "the life" it seems. We both had pretty good jobs, making very good money. Well, my job at the University of Phoenix was certainly a learning experience for me. I was graced with the opportunity to consult with students who were interested in continuing their education. I met with lots of students each month- different types of students. Some were much older and some were right out of high school. It was such a rewarding experience for me because I was actually operating in my calling- just for a secular position. I had no idea that this experience was going to prepare me for what was to come; for my today.

I worked at the University of Phoenix for a little over a year. I left due to complications with my first pregnancy and decided to stay home and raise my son. It was a huge leap of faith in many ways, but it was certainly worth it. I often considered putting my son in daycare and going back to work there- though I was offered the position there twice after leaving- but I knew God had other plans. My main reason for attempting to return was income. Little did I know that the Lord had other plans.

While I was at home raising my son, God put it on my heart to start writing more. I went from Freelance writing for Christian magazines to writing my first novel. This lead to my writing and publication of my first book Simply Wisdom.

Why am I sharing this with you?

I'm sharing this because it is my testimony of how God ordered my steps. If you would have asked me about three years ago if I think I was going to be a published author in 2009, I would have answered, "I doubt it". I was too excited about being where I was- a successful professional. That may have been my plans, but God had other plans.... and his plans are always far better than what we could imagine.

As you continue on your journey, you may question where you are today and wonder where you will be in a few years with your career. Well, let me encourage you with this. You may not know, but rest assured that God does.

I used to sit at my desk and draw arrows on a sheet of paper- random arrows going in different directions. I didn't understand why at the time, but as I reflect, I realize it's because I was really seeking direction and wasn't sure if I was going to stay where I was or move forward. There's one thing I knew though. I knew I wanted more and that working at the University of Phoenix was not my final destination.

Let me ask you a question. Do you trust that God can lead you exactly where he needs you to be?

Your current experiences are not in vain because they are preparing you for what's to come. So, continue to work hard. Be diligent at your current work place and allow God to mold you before moving you to the next level.

At the University of Phoenix, I found such a delight in talking to people about their future. We talked about careers- their hopes and dreams. And, there was nothing like giving them an extra boost of confidence to stimulate them to move forward. As I reflect, I remember just how much I appreciated that job. And even today, in my first book, God has given me the opportunity again to send similar words of encouragement. He knew what he was doing by having me work there!


Take heart in knowing your steps are ordered. Meditate on the scripture above and pray and ask the Lord to give you peace as you continue to trust Him!


Thanks for visiting Simply Wisdom. I pray this entry has encouraged you today. To order a copy of my book Simply Wisdom: Tid Bits of Inspiration for Your Journey, please visit the links provided on this website. This book is available in print and as an e-book! Keep trusting God on your journey!


Blessings,
Kennisha Hill

0 comments: